PIMP YOUR DIET and get lean with these 10 tips!!
1. Eat every 5-6 days a Cheat Meal and not every 2-3 days, you want to be slimmer and leaner, then remember this golden rule!
2. Avoid fried foods!
3. Eat healthy, but eat especially with enough variety, this is a mistake many bodybuilders or many athletes make. Do you want to make progress, do not eat chicken every day.
4. Eat every 3-4 hours, this way you will have your own metabolism accelerated .
5. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
6. Don’t starve yourself, a mistake that many people make. Nutrition provides a faster metabolism, no food only slows your metabolism down.
7. Don’t neglect your carbs, eat no more than 3 days very high protein and low carbohydrate. You need carbohydrates to burn fats and to have energy to get your workouts done. Check this link out for some examples of good carbs 😉
8. Don’t neglect your fat intake, many people want to lose weight or get leaner and they eat virtually fat-free, wrong! Certain hormones act on fat, such as testosterone. The lower the fat intake, the lower the testosterone level, the higher the estrogen level. Resulting in muscle atrophy and increased fat around the abdominal area. Check the link below for more examples about healthy necessary fats in your diet.
9. Avoid refined sugars and processed food, because these are the ones that make you fatter.
10. This one is more for the ladies out there. Last but not least: Check your progress positively. Also check your clothes measurements instead of your weight. You may have lost lots of fat and replaced it by muscle ergo still weigh the same while having achieved what you wanted to. Losing a dress size for example and still weighing the same is a good thing. Fat is more volume, plus you need muscle to have that lean look your striving for. Also more muscle means a higher metabolism at rest. So if you pimp your diet and get some good workouts, check your measurements rather than focusing on your weight too much.
Hope these tips will get you started or keep you going and help you out making the right choices. Remember healthy doesn’t mean boring or tasteless. It’s all in the mind my friends 😉
Stats & Facts Source: Ignace Paepe aka ‘The Anabolic Chef’